Picking the best outfit for every situation is easier said than done. In a world where we have to keep up appearances, dressing the part plays an important role in earning you respect, admiration, or whatever else you desire. As a form of communication, your outfit says a lot about you. When picking out your attire, make sure to present your intention accurately.
Before you start assessing other people’s outfit choices, start by looking inward. To do this, you should:
# Audit Your Wardrobe
Before spending hundreds of dollars on new outfits, always ‘shop’ in your closet first; what you’ll find might amaze you! For working adults, the wardrobe will likely have social outfits, lazy home clad, and work clothes; some clothes can be ideal for multiple situations.
Being excellently-dressed, however, starts with adequate preparation for the situation. By reviewing your wardrobe, you’ll have a good idea of whether you have the right outfits for:
- Graduation/Anniversary/Birthday parties
- Black tie events
- Job interviews
- Dressy restaurant outings and many other situations
Though this list is far from conclusive, young adults frequent several of these events each year. Are there outfits for these and more events in your wardrobe? If not, it is high time you got them!
# Ask For Honest Feedback from Your Mentor or Associates
Your body is unique and looks perfect in a particular clothing style; while the internet can provide you with loads of fashion information, it is incapable of giving you ‘intelligent’ feedback. Many factors make an outfit perfect for one person but horrible for another. An honest opinion about your look helps you settle for the perfect outfits.
There are several apps which are used for similar purposes; still, nothing beats an opinion from an unbiased person. If you have more to spend, seek the services of a professional shopper. In many dedicated fashion outlets, there are employees specifically assigned to help you pick the best outfit.
# Start Reading Fashion Blogs
A simple Google search will bring you many specialized fashion sites giving advice for both women and men. Through them, you can keep abreast of the latest fashion trends and news. Fashion is fluid and constantly evolves; these blogs can be linked to your email from where you can receive notifications.
You can subscribe to publications featuring different styles; the more publications you subscribe to, the more insight you get! For even more success and a sharper look, choose a particular style you are aligned to and all your fashion nightmares will come to an end!
Most importantly, observe the cardinal fashion rules of etiquette; always find the intermediate ground between the host and the crowd. When dressing for work, dress close enough to boss and senior staff members. When attending a wedding, align your clothing choice with that of most guests without upstaging the bride or groom.
The Etiquette of Proper Artier
How can you make the best first impression? The guide below discusses several fashion psychologies and how to use them to your advantage. Fit, color, and style can be used to get you closer to your ideal fashion brand.
- Styling: Accessories for both women and men change outfits completely, giving them a whole new appeal. From hats to scarves, watches to shoes, these easy additions help you help change your style’s impression.
- Fit: People will judge you based on your clothes’ shaping and how they are tailored, looking your best means being very keen on quality.
- Color Psychology: Your use of color can harness fashion power in your first impression. Rather than pick colors randomly, think very carefully about what you want to portray.
- Brands: If you aren’t well adjusted to working out the color and fit by yourself, you can let brands do that for you! Choose brands which showcase or emulate the style you are after and trust their choices.
The standard dressing style for many occasions is quite obvious. For instance:
- Semi-Formal: These events include dances, cocktail parties, and the likes. Any attire made from sparkling fiber or satin would do. For women, little black dresses would be ideal; men always look great in fitting suits.
- Business Casual: When dressing for business, one must look well-put-together and neat. Clothes which are too over-sized and tight should be avoided altogether. You shouldn’t look as if you’re about to attend a cocktail party.
- Casual Artier: The button front blouse, khakis, and t-shirts all qualify as casual wear. Depending on whether you will be outdoors or outdoors and what other people will be wearing, you can settle for the perfect outfit.
- Resort Casual: A comfortable skirt, slacks, or pair of shorts with matching sandals are classic resort casual looks. As you pick an outfit, what do you want to look like in photos? It becomes easier to make the right choice!
Getting a Powerful and Unique Look
Fashion does more than an impact on how others see us, it impacts on how we perceive ourselves. People tend to think more holistically and abstractly when dressing in shirts, suits, and ties. Such people view themselves as the leaders in their professional and social groupings.
In business, men and women in official wear negotiate better terms and prices than those in casual wear. Formal clothes exude power and confidence. In official clothes, you tend to compromise less and behave more dominantly, partly because your interaction partner gives you the leeway.
If you are after power, dress the part in a pantsuit or suit and tie. Think about the most powerful person you wish to emulate, how do they dress? Always look for bold colors which will not only make you feel great but also stand out.
Appreciating your unique sense of style is a powerful tool you shouldn’t overlook. Dressing is a fun and easy way to stand out from the crowd and maintain your identity. All you need is to be a little more daring. Here’s how to go about is:
- Settle for a unique shape: While most dresses, shirts, and pants come in the standard shape, you can play around with ‘unfamiliar’ shapes. For instance, if you are used to mini dresses, try out a maxi dress!
- Patterns and prints: as long as they go on the occasion, these are excellent ways t be unique and still portray knowledge in fashion. At work, you could try out subtle polka dot, a classic plaid, or sophisticated pinstripes.
- Use the socks! Are you in formal employment? You can use your socks as the best individual expression outlet. You can get as wacky or bold as you wish. Character and colorful sock, for instance, show playfulness. Other designer socks show power and control in the boardroom; you can get as creative as you want!
- If you want a completely unique set of clothes, avoid going with typical brands; too many people have them already! Go vintage or shop in boutiques; you have higher chances of finding unique clad there.
Professional and Edgy Dressing
While you don’t have to spend loads of money to get your perfect look, professional and edgy clothes have to fit right. Professional looks matter a lot; for instance, an interviewer will determine within 10 seconds whether you are a good fit for the job just by your dress code.
When you hire a good tailor, your wardrobe transforms immediately; well-tailored outfits are indicators of how conscientious you are and how close you pay attention to detail. If the pieces you already have can be tailored to fit you, the results will be awesome! What this means is:
- Suits for women and men are the definition of professionalism.
- Outfits should neither be too loose nor too tight and most importantly, not too short.
- Of course, ladies want to feel sexy and look great. If you are on your first date, you definitely don’t want to show too much skin. You should especially focus on your bust line, arms, and legs; avoid showing more than 1-1/2 of these areas.
If you are after creativity and self-expression, fashion gives you the perfect platform to express your passion. The more meaningful your clothes are, the better they will communicate who you are to the outside world. To do it right, you should:
- Shop bravely: there are many shopping platforms online; they all offer similar products with a slight variance in cost and the client base. The more options you try out, the better your choices will be.
- Avoid getting into color ruts: when we don’t know what to wear, we all have our favorite fallback colors. To achieve the edge you have been lacking, you have to get out of your comfort zone and explore other colors. You should also try one different material, for instance, switching jeans with khakis.
- Use contrast to your advantage: All outfits can be made interesting and fun by juxtaposing the texture, color, and cut. This is a perfect way of conveying your different personalities. Your clothes and accessories should be diverse enough to show different sides of your passion and uniqueness.
Switching Between Casual and Formal Wear
Pastels, loose, and bright colors are typical casual fashion outfits. For a more easy-going and laid-back look, consider wearing loose fitting clothing and layers. There are many casual brands available for your choosing; these also vary in pricing, covering all levels of the fashion industry.
For men, a casual look means fewer accessories and jewelry. A wedding band and classy watch should do it. Strictly avoid any piercings, earrings, and rings. The calmer and composed your appearance looks, the more casual you will look and feel. By wearing a bold piece, you easily stand out and look exceptionally stylish too!
When certain events call for it, acquiring a formal look portrays more competence, reliability, honesty, and intelligence. In addition, dark and grey colors drive the point home! Always settle for these when you are undecided.
When you put on too many clunky bracelets, accessories, or wrap curves, you drastically decrease your formality; strive to be as neutral and balanced as possible. Simple lines and a splash of accessories will suffice. Professional brands do a decent job of designing formal wear with just the right amount of accessories.
Looking Attractive Is Easy As Pie!
If you love your dress choices, you will feel good and look great in them. Your walk becomes different and so does your talk and performance. The power of clothes and accessories conveys both competence and confidence, giving you the attractive edge you need. To hype your look, you should:
- Wear very comfortable outfits, mentally and physically. Do you think a certain outfit stand outs a bit too much? Is it too tight? Don’t put it on; it won’t be worth it and might even ruin your day. Your peace of mind goes hand in hand with how attractive you look.
- Look for outfits which complement your figure; highlighting your best assets makes you look particularly attractive.
- Accessorize the right way: Jewelry is made sparkly for it to command all attention; it should subtly scream ‘Look here’. Depending on the occasion, jewelry to highlight your neck, ears, hands, and legs should be worn with a certain intensity.
- Color I the most outstanding property of any outfit or accessory; beauty and attraction revolve around it. Colors that are rich and deep complement your skin tone in the best way. Having a primary color dash is always recommended. You can go with head-to-toe black when in doubt; it works on everyone!
When dressing to feel attractive, dress half your personal style and half your audience. As you express yourself, you should fully acknowledge the environment you will be in. Striking the perfect balance between the two is the definition of attraction!
Extra Fashion Tips
# 1 Ease Your Way into It
Ideally, your clothes should feel very comfortable. If you are used to your sneakers and jeans, a suit will definitely feel constricting. Work your way slowly to wearing a suit by switching from casual to formal wear, for instance; the transition will be smoother and the results even better!
# 2 Avoid Getting Into Fashion Ruts
Choosing the right set of clothes to provoke certain emotions in a particular event is challenging. When the stakes are high, one can easily get carried away and end up making regrettable fashion choices. In fashion, you have to keep your eyes open and expect anything. At all times, you must keep things interesting and fresh.
# 3 Remember the Footwear
You can around with shoes as much as you want. Different shoes can be used for more than one occasion, expanding your range of choices. If you are accustomed to wearing official shoes, sneakers might feel different but end up giving you a refreshed look. The further you deviate from your normal choice, the higher your chances of acquiring a new, vibrant look!
# 4 Shop for Your Clothes in Thrift Stores
If you are just starting out on building the perfect wardrobe, thrift stores will save you lots of money but still fill your space with great clothes for all your occasions. You will come across all sorts of styles, some a bit out-of-date and others simple and timeless. Clean and simple looks can be mixed easily to come up with your perfect look.
# 5 Look for a Style Mentor
Do you have a friend or someone in mind who dresses fashionably all the time? You might be surprised how willing they are to help you dress better; ask them to be your mentor. Local politicians, public figures, and performers are some the people most aware of their dress choices. Rather than throw your entire wardrobe on the bed every morning, a mentor will help you pick what’s right for any occasion.
# 6 Learn the Role of Clothing and its History
The story behind our clothing today is pretty cool; in high-end fashion, the reasons are arbitrary and meaningful. For the everyday wear, however, this history is fun and easy to trace! For instance, the high-up pocket in shirts was ideal for shoulder-fires, hand-loaded muskets back in the day.
Blue chambray work shirts and blue denim are classical styles and colors which were cheap to produce in the early 20th century; bleach was harder to produce than the indigo dye back then. Knowing these and other historical facts as much fun as it is useful shopping and bargaining information!
# 7 Teach Others What You Already Know
You don’t necessarily have to be a fashion guru to share your passion with others; remember, it’s about having fun and feeling good! As you advise others, you think critically about the information you are giving out, making sure not to mislead. Your knowledge and application of fashion will naturally grow and become a habit. When people start coming to you for advice, you’re already a sharp dresser!
Have Lots of Fun!
Explore your fashion today with e rejuvenated fashion; you might be missing out on a lot of life-changing opportunities! When you are comfortable enough to play with your chances, you will realize new heights you never imagined before.
How far are you willing to go? Let us know in our comment section. We can help you make the right choices and avoid being stuck with something you’ll loathe. The ultimate choice is yours. Let’s get started, shall we?